CITY OF OAKWOOD
PO BOX 96
Oakwood, TX 75855
March 20, 2020
DECLARATION OF LOCAL PUBLIC HEALTH DISASTER
WHEREAS, the Governor of The State of Texas has issued an executive order pursuant to government code (4
18.000), ordering citizens of Texas; and
WHEREAS, a declaration of public health disaster has been issued to take additional steps to prepare for, respond to, and mitigate the spread COVID-19 to protect the health and welfare of the citizens of Oakwood Texas ; and
WHEREAS, City of Oakwood declaring a disaster will facilitate and expedite the deployment of resources to enhance preparedness and response.
WHEREAS, City of Oakwood be in compliance with the Executive Order from Governor Abbott, and: WHEREAS, the declaration of a public health disaster is in effect, and is as follows:
1. This order is in effect starting midnight March 20, 2020 and shall continue for a period of seven days of the date hereof until continued by consent of Oakwood City Council for a period of 30 days and may be re-evaluated every 30 days thereafter.
2. Any eating or drinking establishment shall be dine-out-only (pick-up, drive-thru, delivery).
3. No more than 10 people allowed at any one gathering.
4. That gymnasiums and exercise facilities are closed.
5. All schools are closed but continued education options will be available
6. Use of continued hygiene practices and be vigilant towards the spread of all viruses and illnesses
7. This is NOT a shelter in place order
8. Workplaces are to be essential personnel only
ORDERED and FILED this the 20th day of March 2020, at 12:00 pm with the Secretary, City of Oakwood
CITY OF OAKWOOD
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and disaster declaration, all City of Oakwood offices will be closed to public access as of March 24 , 2020 at 12:00am until further notice.
This closure affects all city functions including administration, utility billing, and municipal court. The following is a list on how it could affect residents.
Administration — Administration will still be working in response to the COVID-19 disaster. They are available by calling 903-545-2131 or by emailing www.cityofoakwood.net.
City Secretary — As of March 24, 2020, all public information requests will be suspended until offices are reopened. Section 552.233 of the Texas Government Code recognizes cities in disaster are primarily concerned with public safety actions.
Municipal Court The Municipal Court offices will be closed until further notice. There will not be any court hearings or warrants issued. Contact the court at 903-545-0030 or
. If you wish to pay an outstanding citation, please use www.cityofoakwoodtx.citygovt.org go to pay my bill, sign up for account.
Police — The police office will be closed to public foot traffic. Police can be contacted non-emergency by calling 903-545-2131; or 936-546-8801 . If the incident is an emergency, please dial 911.
Trash Pickup — Trash pickup will run as scheduled.
Utility Billing — Residents can drop off payments at City Hall in the drop slot at 135 E. Broad Street. Please put in envelope with name on it and please no cash payments.
Residents can also make utility payments online at www.cityofoakwoodtx.citygovt.org or by calling 903-545-2131. Online payments require your account number.
By order of the mayor, water customers will not be cut off nor incur any added fees during this pandemic. However, residents will be charged for water that is used. If you are in need, please call 903-545-2131
This information will be available on the web at www.cityofoakwoodtx.citygovt.org